Founded by Stanford alumni in 2000, Abbey Road’s study abroad summer programs provide quality academic summer programs that facilitate cross-cultural understanding, personal growth and academic enrichment. Abbey Road was created through a collaboration of the best young professionals and educators from top schools and esteemed institutions.
French Language Immersion, French Culture, Business, Marketing, Photography/Film, & Studio Art program is offered in the summer in the beautiful city of Québec. Suitable for grades 7 – 9, 9 – 12, every student on the program chooses two classes as their academic focus: a major and an elective. The French major class meets every morning Monday to Friday while electives meet three afternoons a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Students are placed in their French class according to their level (beginners, intermediate and advanced speakers). It is the most financially feasible option for most students who wish to experience French immersion.
- Live in a modern dormitory on a lovely, centrally located university campus
- Benefit from a life-changing pre-college experience in one of Canada’ oldest and picturesque cities
- Learn in a fun, interactive way, outside of the classroom, immersing in the local community (hence our Experiential Learning Method!)
- Experience authentic cultural immersion
- Be a savvy, sophisticated traveler. Go above and beyond the standard tourist checklist!
- Meet local teens and make friends from all over the world
- All inclusive 2, 3 or 4 week sessions
- Optional 3-day travel extension to Montreal
- Pre-Summer Language Courses and Tutoring Online (get an early start on practicing your French!)
- Included trips to Levis, Cap Tourmente, Cap Rouge, Île d’Orléans, St.-Anne de Beaupré, Wendake and more