Explore the current Ontario science, art, geography, history, social studies and environmental studies curriculum through the unique lens of the canoe and its cultures. The Canadian Canoe Museum is a unique national heritage centre located in Peterborough, that explores the canoe’s enduring significance to the peoples of Canada, through an exceptional collection of canoes, kayaks and paddled watercraft.
Award-winning programs for school and youth groups are rooted in the principles of experiential education. Participants learn through song, story, role-play, adventure, carving, making, baking and imagining.
- fully bilingual program leaders (availability will vary)
- interactive, hands-on and inquiry-based learning
- cross-curricular First Nations emphasis
- accessible for students with special needs and different learning styles
- school days, evenings and weekends
- Suitable for students in kindergarten to grade 9
910 Monaghan Road
Peterborough, ON K9J 5K4