Journée des Maths
Journée des Maths is the largest francophone mathematical online contest throughout North America.
In Quebec, the competition is open to students from the 3rd year of elementary school to the 4th year of secondary school. Participant schools must be included in the list of educational institutions recognized by the Department of Education and Advanced Learning.
In Ontario, the contest is open to students in grades 3 to 10. Participant schools must be on the list of educational institutions of the Ministry of Education.
In Alberta, Manitoba and New Brunswick, the contest is open to students in grades 3 to 9. Participant schools must be included in the list of educational institutions recognized by the Ministry of Education in their province.
Classes already subscribed to Netmath are automatically entered in the contest.
Classes or schools not subscribed to Netmath who wish to participate must register for the contest using the online form at www.journeedesmaths.com. It should be noted that only teachers can enroll their students.
The event is free and is held annually in April and is exclusively in French. Students will have to solve a series of problems online, presented in random order during school hours. This is a unique opportunity to celebrate mathematics, review lesson plans of the year and enjoy a stimulating and engaging classroom experience.
A series of awards will be given to schools as follows:
- For each level, the student with the best results will receive a medal.
- For each level, the 100 students and 20 classes with the highest scores will receive certificates and Maths Day badges.
- For each level, the class with the highest score will be awarded the trophy Class champion.
- The school with the highest score will receive the School banner champion.
- A student and his class will also win the grand prize of participation of a $ 1,000 value.