Association of parents of Yellowknife
The mission of the Association is to represent and equip Yellowknife parents whose kids are entitled to receive education in French first language. It would also be to promote French as full and vibrant first language in Yellowknife education system.
The mandate of l’APADY is to ensure the quality of French education in Yellowknife.
The association has five priorities:
- Increase education in French first language.
- Promote quality programming in French first language for la Garderie Plein Soleil and l’EASC.
- Ensures compliance with section 23 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- Promote the Francophone culture and child development as well.
- Inform and help parents of Yellowknife that have acquired rights in French education.